ShortStaf, Inc. d.b.a ShortStaf, a Delaware Corporation (“ShortStaf,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- by way of the www.shortstaf.com website (the “Site”);
- by way of the downloadable ShortStaf mobile software application (the “App”);
- by way of all other products or services offered by ShortStaf;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and ShortStaf; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
The Site, the App, and all other products or services offered by ShortStaf are hereafter referred to collectively as the “Services.”
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website, App or other means of communication.
- We DO NOT sell any information collected
Our Services are not intended for anyone under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under age 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from anyone under age 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from someone under the age of 18, please contact us right away.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Types of Information Collected. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, physical address, e-mail address, telephone number, or ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE SERVICES COLLECT THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER AN APPLICABLE LAW (collectively, “Personal Information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and usage details.
Sources of Information Collection. We collect such information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Services (including usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web services, software, and other tracking technologies); and
- from third parties, for example, our business partners and service providers.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Services may include the following information provided to us by you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Services, subscribing to our Services, posting material, or requesting further Services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem or complaint relative to our Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services and of the fulfillment of your requests. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Services.
- Your search queries within the Services.
- Details you provide to any third-party providers (including our affiliates and subsidiaries) whether though our Site, App or other means of communication.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Services or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Site, App and other Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal Information, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our user base size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for such automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Portions of our Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- to provide our Services and their contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your account, including notices;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- to notify you about changes or updates to our “Terms and Conditions”
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Services;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to any buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of ShortStaf’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by ShortStaf about our Services users is among the assets transferred;
- to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures (for more information, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below);
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- in the process of processing, reviewing, or acting upon any notification or complaint we receive alleging infringement or violation of someone’s trademark rights, copyright interests, or other intellectual property rights; or
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ShortStaf, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by logging into the Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may click the unsubscribe link to opt out of all future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to ShortStaf as a result of a purchase of Services, product service experience or other transactions with ShortStaf.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of certain of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or send us a request to 221 Pensacola Rd Venice, FL 34285.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Services. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not, and cannot be, responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.